Sunday, November 22, 2009

Photo of the Day- Pine Cones

I love this time of year. I love fall when it starts getting cooler. I love Thanksgiving and all the yummy food. And I love Christmas with all the family traditions and Christmas lights and all the joy that comes with it. Today was one of those bittersweet days in the middle of all the fun holidays. We are leaving town for Thanksgiving and not getting back until Sunday. We are taking our first family vacation (with just our family) and staying 5 days at a cabin in bear lake! (yay!!) We are cutting down a Christmas tree on Saturday and so when we get back Sunday we wanted to be able to spend the day putting up our tree and Christmas decorations. This, meaning, that today we took down all of our Fall decorations. So, today, our house is all decoration-less. I already miss all the fun decorations and all the fun colors! I feel kind of un-festive! I searched my house looking for anything decoration-like that I could find, and all I could find were these cinnamon scented pine cones! :) So, in the attempt to make me feel even a little holiday-ish on my decoration-less day.... here are my pine cones!



and just for fun....

3 comments:

Yolanda November 23, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

Love that last one! I love pine cones!

Reds November 23, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Great texture on that last one!

Angela2932 November 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Wow! Cinnamon-scented; what a great idea! I can't wait to hear about your experiences cutting down your Christmas tree; I always associate this with an adventure, although it's usually much better when it's not one!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP