Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Photos of the Day- Sweet reminders

We had one of those days today. One of those days where the kids seemed to be grumpy the better part of the day. One of those days where they melted down at everything. One of those days. They were fighting about everything possible so I set the timer and made them have mandatory coloring time. Lauren (in the drawing with curly hair and puffed sleeves) proceeded to draw a picture of all the things she loves. And yes, I did get my name in a heart 3 times! :) She then continued to tell me the story of her picture and how she is the princess in it, and I am the Queen who she loves very much. Then she said, next I am going to draw my brother Robbie. He will be my servant. That made me laugh! Anyway, in the midst of all the grumpiness, I am grateful for these sweet reminders that these kids do love us very much. And I love them very much too!!

11 comments:

Margaret September 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

That is just so sweet! Love that precious picture. What a masterpiece and a keepsake!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) September 8, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

Sorry you had one of those days. I hate it when the kids go all day long like that. Cute shots.

Nicki September 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

I think today was a 'grumpy' day for many people. I like the idea of mandatory coloring.

Shanna Jones September 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

So sweet. :)

Diana September 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

oh man i had one of those days too, and man its tough. But im glad that you had them do the coloring time and got this gorgeous pic of your DD

Steph September 8, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

I think I am going to give myself some mandatory coloring time. Hehe. Cute pics!

Lauren Hartman September 8, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Very sweet! And really, what else are brothers good for than to be servants? ;)

Mandy September 9, 2009 at 3:44 AM  

I just love that even on really rough days kids still seem to make it through unscathed. Sometimes Katie really tests me like that too. Great shot, and great post.

Jason September 9, 2009 at 4:57 AM  

What a great picture, that is awesome.

Reds September 9, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

Awwww - what a sweet post and sweet photos!

Julie September 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

So sweet!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP