Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Photos of the Day- Roses

Yes. There is a story behind these pictures. I'm actually quite proud of these flowers. A few months ago, I found two rose tree plants at Costco. They were clearanced down to $4 each. Sounds like a great deal, right? Well, here is the catch. They were pretty much dead. They had no flowers or leaves on them. No evidence of any kind of growth whatsoever. I was standing in line at the pharmacy. There was a big, tattooed scary guy behind me in line. He said to me, "Excuse me, ma'am. Do you know that you are buying dead plants?"? I explained to him that they were clearanced really cheap and that I thought it would be a fun project to see if I could get them to grow. He then said, "sure. whatever. I guess if you want to pay for dead plants." So, lo and behold. These are my dead plants! :) I wish I had a before picture to show how pathetic they looked when we bought them! I think they look quite beautiful now!





0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP