Sunday, January 3, 2010

Photo of the Day- Handmade Gift

I spent over 7 hours in my car today driving home from the holidays. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me as I drove by all kinds of things that I thought would make such a great photo of the day! :) So, today I took a picture of a picture for my photo of the day. This year for Christmas we made handmade gifts for eachother. We drew names as to who we would make the gifts for. Long story short...I made Benjamin a blanket, Lauren made me a necklace, Robbie made Lauren a jewelry box, Rob made Robbie a model airplane and Benjamin "helped" make Rob this framed picture. As much as a 14 month old can "help". I figured that he "helped" by posing in all of these pictures, helped by having his own handprint and footprint embossed and he also scribbled on the backgrounds with crayon. I also took some "just like dad" pictures of him wearing Robs shoes and tie. It was fun to make and I thought it turned out really cute. I'll be back tomorrow, with a much more exciting photo of the day! :)

10 comments:

Anissa January 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

OMG how sweet is that! What a beautiful baby and frame.

Jami January 3, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

Oh that is so cute! I need to do a shot like that with my son, wearing one of my Dad's ties. He passed away last year, and this would be so sweet.

Jodie January 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

I love the idea of having to make a present for someone each year. IT woudl make it so special. I agree that I think I have to try that shot with my kiddo/s before they get too big and out of control!

Bobbi January 4, 2010 at 4:20 AM  

That is so cute! And such a wonderful tradition making gifts every year would be.

Reds January 4, 2010 at 7:08 AM  

Handmade gifts are the best!! What a sweet gift! And cute model!

Margaret January 4, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

So adorable! Love the idea of handmade gifts, too!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) January 4, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

Awww what a cute idea. I just love the tie.

CindyTykie January 4, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

What a great gift idea. The pictures are just adorable!

Kim January 4, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

What a great gift! I love anything that comes from the heart as this one does!

bprincephoto January 4, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

Great gifts and I love the photos.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP